Generic Contest Rules
KDUS AM 1060 SWEEPSTAKES/CONTEST STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter online sweepstakes and contests, listeners register online at https://kdus1060.com/ If entries are permitted by other means (e.g., by telephone, mail or telefax), the other permitted forms of entry will be indicated on our website and may periodically be included in on-air promotions on KDUS AM 1060.
To enter on-air sweepstakes contests, listeners can enter as explained by the on-air talent (i.e., call the number displayed on the screen, etc.) on KDUS AM 1060.
To enter Facebook sweepstakes and contests, visit our page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KDUSAM1060/. If you have not already “liked” the KDUS AM 1060 Official page on Facebook, “like” the page. If you already “like” the 98KUPD page on Facebook, visit the page, scroll down to find the contest listing, During the sweepstakes or contest period, ‘Share’ or ‘Like’ the message, (which ever is dictated in the message), posted during the sweepstakes or contest period to automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person. Sponsor’s administrator will be the official timekeeper for the sweepstakes or contest. The Facebook contests and sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing the information to the Station, and not Facebook.
To enter Twitter sweepstakes and contests, visit our KDUS AM 1060 page on Twitter https://twitter.com/KDUSAM1060. Once you have followed the KDUS AM 1060 page on Twitter, during the sweepstakes or contest period, retweet (RT) the message sent out during the sweepstakes or contest period to automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Sponsor’s administrator will be the official timekeeper for the sweepstakes or contest. The Station Twitter contests and sweepstakes are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter. By entering, you are providing the information to the Station, and not Twitter.
To enter text message sweepstakes and contests, listeners will be asked to use a text-messaging enabled wireless device to text a specified “keyword” to a specified five digit number. After you send in the text-message you will receive a confirmation text validating one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will be charged for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Your standard text and data rates may apply. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for information on text messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the sweepstakes or contest. Any text message form of entry into a sweepstakes or contest will be deemed made by the named account holder whose mobile phone number is assigned at the time of entry to the text-messaging enabled wireless device used to text the entry. Each text message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any wireless carrier may incur a standard text messaging charge in accordance with that carrier’s (Terms and Conditions) applicable to such subscriber’s particular voice/data rate plan. Contact your wireless carrier for text messaging plan details. To enter without sending a text message, send an email with the specified “keyword” in the Subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and in the body of the email include your complete name and telephone number. All email alternate methods of entry must be made by the deadline as announced on-air in connection with the particular Sweepstakes.
Deadlines for entering will typically be stated on the station website or announced by our on-air talent and may periodically be included in on-air promotions.
Unless otherwise indicated on our website or as explained by our on-air talent or in our on-air promotions, there is a limit of one entry per contest per person per household; any person submitting more than one entry per contest may be disqualified.
Station is not responsible for problems accessing the Station website, Facebook page, Twitter page, Instagram, Google + for problems sending a text, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a website or text entry, or any other problems which may or may not result from station sweepstakes and contests.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in any contest or sweepstakes. Station will not accept collect calls. Station is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the sweepstakes or contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems or human error which may or may not result from any sweepstakes or contest.
- HOW WINNERS ARE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED: The criteria and process for selecting winners will typically be stated on a website, Facebook page, Twitter page and periodically in on-air promotions. Unless otherwise stated, winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone. KDUS AM 1060 is not responsible if the winner is unable to be notified via the e-mail address submitted to enter the sweepstakes or contest.
- PRIZES: The number of winners, the specific prizes to be awarded, and the values of prizes will typically be stated on the websites and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. Odds of winning will typically be dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner is responsible for all income taxes due as a result of his or her accepting a prize, even if you do not use the prize, and an IRS Form 1099 may be submitted to applicable taxing authorities. Grand Prize winner(s) and guest will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the Grand Prize winner accepts the Grand Prize, and even if the Grand Prize winner does not use the Grand Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. The Grand Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in the Official Rules. PLEASE NOTE: prizes may not be assigned, bartered, transferred or sold to any third party, including but not limited to, through Craigslist, ebay or similar third party website. In the event that KDUS AM 1060, any prize provider, or a promotional participant discovers that a prize has been assigned, bartered, transferred or sold, such prize will not be valid or honored and the winner will be disqualified from receiving any prize from 98KUPD/KDKB/KSLX/KAZG or KDUS for a period of not less than one (1) year from the date of the assignment, barter, transfer or selling of the prize.
- CLAIMING A PRIZE: Unless otherwise stated on the station website, each winner must claim his/her prize in person, the prize must be claimed at the 98KUPD Studios, 1100 N. 52nd St., Phoenix, Arizona 85008, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within thirty (30) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to KDUS AM 1060 (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of Station.
- ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older and legal residents of Arizona to be eligible to participate and win prizes in KDUS AM 1060 on-line contests and promotions unless otherwise specified by the sponsoring Station for a specific sweepstakes or contest. You are not eligible to enter our on-line contests if you or a member of your immediate family works for Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC any contest sponsor, any local radio or television station in the Phoenix and Tempe area, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS: In order to be eligible to win a prize in any Station contest or sweepstakes, winners may only win one (1) prize within a 30-day period from 98KUPD/KDKB/KSLX/KAZG or KDUS. (1) one winner per family, per household within a 30-day period. All sweepstakes and contests are void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- CONTEST DEADLINES: Contest deadlines will typically be stated on the station website and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. KDUS AM 1060 is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or illegible entries.
- RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: By participating in an on-line contest, you: (a) agree to release and indemnify Hubbard Radio Phoenix, LLC, Hubbard Radio, LLC and any contest or sweepstakes sponsor or prize providers (including their officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the conduct of the promotion or contest, and the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize(s); and (b) consent to the use by KDUS AM 1060, for promotional purposes only, of your on-line entry, your likeness, your voice, and/or your address (city and state) without any additional compensation.
- WINNER LIST: Upon request, the station will provide you a list of winner(s) (name(s) only) from each of its sweepstakes or contests. In order to request such a list, please send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope before the last day of the calendar month in which the prize is awarded, to Winners List (specify which sweepstakes or contest by name), KDUS AM 1060 Studios, 1100 N. 52nd St., Phoenix, Arizona 85008. Requests for different sweepstakes or contests must be submitted separately. Each request must identify the specific the sweepstakes or contest about which the inquiry relates; inquiries not containing this information will not receive a response.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Decisions of KDUS AM 1060 concerning any and all matters with respect to station sweepstakes or contest shall be final.
KDUS AM 1060 reserves the right to change its contest and sweepstakes rules, including these standard terms and conditions, without notice. These standard terms and conditions may be changed or supplemented by contest-specific rules. If there’s a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and any contest-specific or sweepstakes-specific rules that we may develop, the contest-specific and sweepstakes-specific rules shall control.
KDUS AM 1060 reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and must be taken in their entirety. 98KUPD is not responsible for printing errors in the sweepstakes or contest materials, these rules, or any contest-specific rules that we may implement. By entering our sweepstakes or contests, each contestant agrees to be bound by, and comply with, all official rules governing the sweepstakes or contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any contest-specific and sweepstakes-specific rules we may implement. Some sweepstakes or contest prizes may be shared by the winner, or allow someone to accompany or share in the prize with the winner. A pair of concert tickets would be an example of this. For such prizes, by accompanying a winner or sharing in the prize with a winner, any winner’s guest(s) or accompanying party(ies) agree(s) to be bound by all official rules governing the sweepstakes or contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any sweepstakes-specific or contest-specific rules we may implement.